It’s not what happens to you that always matters most but how you interpret and react to what’s happening to you.
Slow down. Think. Pray, even if just a few seconds. Think again. Then choose the wisest, most godly response.
“Understand this, my dear brothers and sisters: You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to get angry.” (James 1:19 NLT)
So, slow down and think… I mean really take time to think before you act.
1. What is currently causing you to react out of stress, anger, frustration or fear?
2. What current stressor might you be misinterpreting or blowing out of proportion?
3. What are your reactions costing you?
4. What is the cost of your overreactions to those you care about?
5. What has this situation taught you about yourself?
6. What can you learn from James 1:19?
7. What is a better way to respond?